Mon, Oct 30|
FMLA Mistakes: Ask the Experts
In this special two-hour, beyond-the-basics program, you will hear from the top officials from the Connecticut Paid Leave Authority and the Connecticut Department of Labor. Our speakers will share their insights into the mistakes employers make in FMLA and CT Paid Leave.
Time & Location
Oct 30, 2023, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
About the Event
FMLA mistakes are easy to make and can result in employers paying substantial damages. In this special two-hour, beyond-the-basics program, you will hear from the top officials from the Connecticut Paid Leave Authority and the Connecticut Department of Labor.
Our speakers will share their insights into the mistakes employers make in FMLA and CT Paid Leave. In addition, we’ll ask our experts to address the questions you submit prior to and during our seminar. We’ll begin with an executive briefing on new laws and workplace developments.
- Erin Choquette, Esq., Chief Executive Officer of the Connecticut Paid Leave Authority. Erin took the helm of the Connecticut Paid Leave Authority in January. Prior to her promotion, she was the Authority’s General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer and the Policy and Legislative Advisor to the Connecticut Department of Administrative Services. Prior to her public service, Attorney Choquette was in private practice with Robinson and Cole.
- Heidi Lane, Esq., Director, Legal Division at the Connecticut Department of Labor. Well known to Connecticut employers and attorneys as the authority on a wide range of Connecticut employment laws, Attorney Lane served as the Connecticut Department of Labor’s principal attorney before being tapped for the top position in the DOL’s legal division where she heads a staff of six lawyers. Attorney Lane is the author of many of the Connecticut regulations governing the workplace, including those for the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Executive briefing on new developments affecting the Connecticut workplace;
- CTFMLA and the Connecticut Department of Labor: Mistakes, reminders, and remedies-- Attorney Lane will give us insight into the problems the DOL confronts.
- CT Paid Leave and the Paid Leave Authority. Attorney Choquette will give us the latest information on who applies for paid leave benefits, how long employees stay out, and the amount they receive in leave pay. We’ll also learn about the mistakes employees and employers make in connection with the CT Paid Leave program and what employers should be doing to prevent problems from arising.
- Panel Question and Answers. We’ll ask Attorney Choquette and Attorney Lane to comment on the questions submitted by employers before and during the program.
Your FMLA Questions:
Submit Your FMLA Questions via email to Attorney Emily Noonan: email@example.com.
FMLA Mistakes- Ask the Experts$125.00